With Kanel's Organic Spicy Chili Crunch being the newest addition to their line of delicious spice mixes, we just had to share a recipe showing off its delightful blend of chili flakes, toasted sesame, and crispy garlic. This spice mix was featured in our Spring 2023 Local Box Subscription, so if you were lucky enough to be the first to get it, you'll know this mixture elevates any meal.
These Pan-Fried Chili Noodles are the perfect quick weeknight meal that's packed with flavour.
What you'll need
- 2 Tbsp Organic Spicy Chili Crunch
- 2 Tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar or Chinese black vinegar
- 340 g egg noodles (for gluten free, use a hearty pasta that doesn’t fall apart easily)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup basil
- Whisk together all the ingredients up to the vinegar.
- Prepare your noodles al dente (about 1 minute less than the instructions on the package).
- Heat a wok or large pan to medium-high and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add 1/2 of your noodles and spread evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Fry the noodles for 3-5 minutes, until they become browned and crispy – then carefully turn them over and add half of your sauce mixture. Fry for an additional 2-3 minutes, and transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining noodle bunches. Mix the noodles together and toss with scallions, basil, and cilantro. Serve immediately