Zing's Boom Chili Seasoning Salt, a savoury blend of smoky chilis like Chipolte, warm spices, and toasted coconut, will bring life to any meal. This pantry shortcut pairs deliciously with hearty shrimp and polenta, a recipe that Zing created as an ode to traditional southern shrimp and grits. Make this as the perfect dinner party meal, or just to impress yourself. It’s as comforting as it is delicious.
What you'll need:
- ½ cup of polenta
- 2 cups of water (plus 2 tbsp for the shrimp)
- 3 tbsp Boom Seasoning Salt
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese
- ½ a lemon
- 10-12 shrimp
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- Bring the water to a boil. When it’s boiling, add the polenta all at once while whisking to avoid lumps. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- When the polenta is done, add ⅔ of the butter and Boom, and squeeze in half the lemon, and stir to combine.
- Heat a pan over a high heat, and add the remaining butter. When the butter is melted, add the shrimp. Don’t stir them too much, allow them to sit and caramelize. After 45 seconds to 1 minute, flip them. After another 45 seconds to a minute, add the remaining lemon juice Boom, and the remaining 2 tbsp of water. Stir to combine.
- Spread the polenta out on 2 plates, and pour over the shrimp and delicious buttery sauce. Roughly chop the cilantro and sprinkle on top.